Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Techniques:

What techniques does the author use to develop setting, characters, plot, etc.?

5 comments:

  1. The author develops the earlier plot in the novel by using suspense. The suspense is used when discussing Missy's kidnapping, and when Mack first meets God. Now, the author is having Mack, slowly but surely, become closer to God and realize his true virtues. Mack still hasn't completely figured it out, but I'm sure by the end of the novel, he will be as close to God as he's ever been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The author uses good description in order to give the reader a visual image of the characters. This can allow the reader to see the change going on in Mack's spiritual life. Because if you can relate to a character you can notice change in that character easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The author uses amazing imagery! When he or she (I'm not sure) describes anything I can see it very clearly in my mind! The author also evokes compassion from the reader by killing Missy and that makes you want to keep reading to figure out what happens. Also I agree with Liam, the author uses major suspense in the beginning to catch the readers attention and make them want to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agreee with Caleb the author does use amazing imagery. I could draw a picture with what the author describes. Also the had the character of God wonderfully it is almost has if God wrote the book and described himself and how unknowing we actually are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The author uses foreshadowing to reveal what will happen later on in the story.

    ReplyDelete