The book has suddenly changed in genre in a matter of pages. The book was originally an intense action-packed novel that kept the reader sucked in. Now, the book has changed to a slower, spiritual story. I personally prefer more action, but I'll have to wait and see whether or not the book goes back to that style or stays spiritually.
I agree Liam. The book began as a page turner but now it has become a religious story. It is also harder to understand when Papa, Jesus, and Sarayu are trying to explain things to Mack.
I don't think that the genre has changed. This is a fiction book. What was surprising to me is that the beginning doesn't foreshadow how theological this book actually is. It is very different that God is a main character in very secular world where we do not read many books that have main characters that are religious beings. Two exceptions are 'The Chronicles of Narnia,' and 'The Lord of the Rings.'
Overall, I am glad that I read this book. The middle part of the book may have been a little confusing but the ending brought all of the book's messages together.
It has helped think of God works with the human race and how "Papa" lets bad things happen. Also it has helped to sometimes just stop and look at the things God has done for us and just thank him.
I agree with rj. It helps me realize why God does things. It has made me realized why God doesn't stop bad things from happening. I also understand why our faith is so important. I need to try to forgive people even though it may be hard. This book helped me grow spiritually.
Was that all a dream? At the end of the book it implied that and I am confused. I mean the only thing that will keep me sane is that it was not, but it implied it so I am not sure.
I agree with rj also! It has helped me with faith aspects and why God lets bad things happen. I have struggled with that before and I found an answer: The Shack.
The book has suddenly changed in genre in a matter of pages. The book was originally an intense action-packed novel that kept the reader sucked in. Now, the book has changed to a slower, spiritual story. I personally prefer more action, but I'll have to wait and see whether or not the book goes back to that style or stays spiritually.
ReplyDeleteI agree Liam. The book began as a page turner but now it has become a religious story. It is also harder to understand when Papa, Jesus, and Sarayu are trying to explain things to Mack.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI don't think that the genre has changed. This is a fiction book. What was surprising to me is that the beginning doesn't foreshadow how theological this book actually is. It is very different that God is a main character in very secular world where we do not read many books that have main characters that are religious beings. Two exceptions are 'The Chronicles of Narnia,' and 'The Lord of the Rings.'
ReplyDeleteOverall, I am glad that I read this book. The middle part of the book may have been a little confusing but the ending brought all of the book's messages together.
ReplyDeleteIt has helped think of God works with the human race and how "Papa" lets bad things happen. Also it has helped to sometimes just stop and look at the things God has done for us and just thank him.
ReplyDeleteI agree with rj. It helps me realize why God does things. It has made me realized why God doesn't stop bad things from happening. I also understand why our faith is so important. I need to try to forgive people even though it may be hard. This book helped me grow spiritually.
ReplyDeleteWas that all a dream? At the end of the book it implied that and I am confused. I mean the only thing that will keep me sane is that it was not, but it implied it so I am not sure.
ReplyDeleteI agree with rj also! It has helped me with faith aspects and why God lets bad things happen. I have struggled with that before and I found an answer: The Shack.
ReplyDelete